Monday, February 2, 2009

The Splendour That Was Egypt

This sixty year old book by Margaret A. Murray is just what I needed to forget the last book I read, though the chronology is off with dates of the middle kingdom as an example being more than a thousand years older than we currently believe, who cares when the read is good.

This book is by no means an easy read it is a classic text book and though only 233 pages long is at times a deep and intense read. I would not recommend this book for the average reader it is best suited for students of Egyptology who need to know as much as possible on the subject.

Miss Murray's knowledge makes the most complicated of subjects , like Egypt's Gods and Goddess', understandable and interesting though I must make the point again that this book is no bedtime story and it is at times work to get through.

I am glad I have finally read this book I can now use it as reference and not have to read it back to front again.

No comments: