Friday, April 11, 2008

Dr. Hawass's Chip

I do not usually report articles from this source as they are often a paragraph with no image.

However the tone of the article was of interest. Egypt's top Antiquarian Dr. Zahi Hawass who's campaign to restore all things Egyptian back to Egypt has met with great success over the years.

Unfortunately he also has recently been very forward about Egypt's European backed last two centuries and his resentment of these. Sadly those Egyptian's from the Georgian and Victorian eras were not deemed by the French or English as worthy enough to make important finds.

French egyptologist Victor Loret knew this as well as anyone when his crew of Egyptian's made important discoveries just about every year of Mr. Lorets late Victorian excavations in the Valley of kings.

Dr. Hawass should lighten up and stop comparing himself with people like Belzoni who lived nearly two centuries ago.

The Doctor need not worry Egypt truly belongs to Egypt. and its dictator.

http://www.sis.gov.eg/En/EgyptOnline/Culture/000001/0203000000000000000979.htm

2 comments:

Wireless said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Notebook said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.